Full-Stack Developer adept at application development, testing and optimization. Excels at database-driven application development, including coordinating ground-up planning, programming, and implementation for core modules. Has an insatiable love of learning, evidenced by a lifelong self-taught mindset applied to both technology and life.
- Full-stack developer having PHP, jQuery, and database expertise
- Experience with Apache and IIS
- Proficient with Git, GitHub, and Bitbucket for source code control
- Proficient Linux user and server administrator
- Experience creating APIs for linking disparate systems
- Object oriented programming experience
- Extensive experience designing database schemas, database administration, and SQL operations
- Experience with single page and progressive web app design
- Developed custom CV/resume feature in this personal, Laravel-based site to dynamically build the page from database information. CSS coding designed to display usable view in any screen size. CSS also generates a traditionally styled resume printout when printing from a modern browser.
- Wrote custom WordPress plugin to show public source code repositories hosted on Bitbucket Cloud.
- Developed API to exchange data between Moodle and WordPress site for multinational education coursework delivery and tracking platform.
- Implemented PayPal PayFlow Gateway and Authorize.net APIs for payment processing in PHP for multiple clients.
- Created custom OpenID gateway API for linking PHP-based Tikiwiki CMS to internal OpenID provider for Active Directory for large-scale financial enterprise client.
- Wrote Python scripts to parse customer database and send newsletters to chunks of customers at a time, as well as calling geocoding API to locate and save their congressional district.
- Built custom CGI application with IBM iSeries (AS/400) back-end for displaying near-real-time data analytics and time tracking for shipments for an automotive manufacturer.
- Designed and implemented SQL schemas for over 10 years on systems ranging from small websites using MySQL to corporate midrange systems using IBM DB/2 and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Involved in testing and streamlining queries and indices to troubleshoot and improve performance.
- Wrote custom SQL scripts to coalesce exported data into proper format for merging in with existing data on a different platform.
- Experienced in design and use of HubDB tables in custom HubSpot CRM modules.
Linux system administration
- Active user of Ubuntu and Linux Mint in server and desktop environments for many years.
- Provided server support for in-house LAMP servers and remote client systems on physical hardware and AWS.
Database systems: MySQL, IBM DB/2, SQL Server 2008-2012, RedBeanPHP
System administration: Windows Server 2003-2012 R2, Linux, VMware ESXi 5.5r2, IBM iSeries V7R1
Development environments: PHPstorm, Visual Studio, Notepad++
Certifications (partial list)
Portfolio (partial list)
July 26, 2018
October 01, 2017
June 19, 2017
June 19, 2017